Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Jesus Record - Rich Mullins and a Ragamuffin Band

This double album was released in July 1998, less than a year after the death of Rich Mullins.
The first disc (The Jesus Demos) contains nine songs recorded by Rich in an old abandoned church.  The second disc was recorded by a Ragamuffin Band, along with Ashley Cleveland, Amy Grant, Michael W Smith & Phil Keaggy.

A few of my favorite tracks:

'My Deliverer', performed by a Ragamuffin Band with Rick Elias singing lead and Tom Howard on Piano. "I will never doubt His promise though I doubt my heart, I doubt my eyes" (Rich Mullins)

'Jesus', performed by Ashley Cleveland with Tom Howard again on Piano.
"Jesus, write me into your story.  Whisper it to me and let me know I am yours." (Rich Mullins)

'Man of No Reputation'Also sung by Elias.  This song does not appear on the demos disc.  
"But for now we live on these streets
Forbidding and tough
Where push always comes to shove
And it's said love's never enough
Where a prophet in rags gives hope to a fearful world
No injustice, no heart of darkness
Will keep this voice from being heard".  (Rick Elias)


Follow the Youtube link below to a playlist for the entire album.

TheJesusRecord.jpg










https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6GtbNLcBOiAx-oj9mi2APR7l6vCS17lI

No comments:

Post a Comment