Turning Back


Turn towards me,
I am constant.
My gaze is always upon you.
Step out of the shadows
and into the light of my being,
come home to me.
I am waiting.

Sometimes you choose to leave me
in the background,
thinking you will face me
when the time is of your own choosing.
I beckon you now
and leave you with a choice.
I will not force you
to love me,
although I adore you.

If turning in my direction
causes you to face the harshness
of your life,
I will be there
at your side.
I am always the father
on the crest of the hill
waiting for his son to return.

So please turn back,
knowing in your heart
that I have never turned away.
Give me the fabric
of your withered heart
and allow me to turn it into flesh.



copyright 2016 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?