Monday, December 5, 2016

Thy Will Be Done (Luke 1:41-45)

41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

Luke 1:41-45 (NIV) 

Antonio de Pereda - The Visitation

The child in my womb leapt,
joy in abundance
for all future generations.
The mother of my Lord,
young in years
and so wise in heart,
has come to my home.

The journey,
long
and tiresome,
though angels guarded you
and the blessed child
you have conceived
through holiness.

My child
within,
moves at the gentle sound
of your voice.
The herald knows
the holiest of all
will soon walk among us.

Blessed are you
cousin Mary
and the child
you will bring into the world.
How happy we are
that your response to the Lord
was "Thy will be done".



copyright 2016 - Donald P James Jr 

No comments:

Post a Comment