Heal Me

And wherever he came, in villages, cities, or countryside, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and implored him that they might touch even the fringe of his garment. And as many as touched it were made well.

Mark 6:56 (ESV)

Jesus Heals the Blind and Lame on the Mountain - James Tissot

Lord,
that I might touch
just the hem 
of Your garment.
I am sick.
I am scarred by the world's expectations.
I am crippled by the blemishes on my soul.

Lord,
we flock to You,
expecting miracles
without price.
We do not know the cost
of the blessing
You place on our foreheads.

Still we come,
ailing in every possible way.
I am possessed.
I am a paralytic.
I am covered with the stigma of leprosy.

And You heal me
whether I am capable of standing beneath Your cross
or not.




copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?