Home

Home,
do you remember the scent?
Do you recall a moment of innocence
when no knowledge of evil
entered into your soul?
Is the journey far
from the point where you stand right now?
Is it off on the horizon,
between the trees,
along the rails,
or a dusty back road?

Home,
I sense it nearby
when I open my heart to its embrace,
when I follow right paths
and forsake the wrong.
I am the one wandering
through pages of a life lived without fanfare.
I am not a victor
or a victim.
I am inadequate in this world,
not quite ready for the next.

Home,
I know the direction to take,
each step brings me closer,
a destination soothing my being.
There is a place
where I am worthy
as I am.
There is a place where joy is abundant.
There is a place I will always call
my home.




 copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr


Comments

  1. Honestly, can't remember the last time I was without sin. I do remember being surrounded by it. I am thankful to, and for The Lord Jesus Christ, who I believe is saving me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?