Monday, May 22, 2017

The Narrow Door (Luke 13:24)


 
To open the door,
the narrow door to His peace.
I must fit the framework
as if it were the mold
my body was shaped in.
For I’ve tried
to be someone who wears a different face
rather than being the person
who each unique door is designed for.

To open the door
I must become His child.
Seeing His love
as the littlest ones among us see His love.
I must maintain the innocence
of a simple faith,
an unquestionable faith,
rather than trying to comprehend
the mysteries of His existence
that are far beyond the reaches
of my understanding.

To open the door
I must become His soldier.
A minister of His word
and the truth brought before us
by His word.
I can’t keep the glory
of His promise inside my heart,
for if kept concealed,
in the barren rooms of my selfishness,
it will surely dwindle 
and lose its spark.



copyright 1996 - Donald P James Jr 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning my Brother.
    Thank you for sharing the love in your heart.
    To you and yours,
    God bless.

    Tell the that you love,
    That you love them so.


    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome. God Bless Always!

    ReplyDelete