Love and Hate


Love the one who is hardest to love,
words we see in scripture,
words we recognize
in the Gospel of Matthew
and Luke.

Love the enemy,
love the one who hates you.
Turn your cheek,
offer your strength for service,
give them your coat.

Are we far from where we have been called?
I say I am human,
hatred is part of my condition.
I forgive,
but will never forget.

I wish to draw away,
but Jesus said
draw closer.
Care for those who care the least for you,
pray in the midst of persecution.

Lord,
You found me in my weakness.
You found me in my sin.
You found me as a pauper
You found me as a heathen.

Lord,
You found me because of Your love
and I need You because of my hatred.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?