My Words

Originally Submitted to https://christianwriters.com/


You are the audience which pays me for tricks.
Have you not heard of my reputation?
I can perform whatever it is that you ask.
But I prefer that you listen to what I say
and pay little attention to what I do.

My words, print on paper
mean so much more than the blind gaining sight.
You seek physical manifestations
while I wait for your spiritual acceptance.

There is no miracle greater than my thoughts.
So don't expect me to stand on a stage
and make the paralytic walk.
Don't expect me to come down from my cross
with my wounds healed.

It is not your body that I come seeking to embrace,
but your heart.



copyright 2016 - Donald P James Jr 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?