Jesus in the Snow



This picture hung on the side of my parents refrigerator when I was a child.  I was always intrigued by the black and white blotches which did not seem to form anything recognizable.  One day I asked my mother about the photograph.  She said it was the face of Jesus and that if I looked closely I could see Him.

I could not for the life of me see our Lord in the meaningless menagerie of spots.  I remember standing at the side of the refrigerator staring at the picture as it hung there almost taunting me.

One day, in my teen years, when I wasn't really trying to see the face in the black and white blotches anymore, I saw Him.  Maybe I needed to see the face more, at that age, when I was on the threshold of adulthood then when I was a child. 

Now, as the years have passed, I find it difficult not to see Him in the patterns of melting snow on the mountainside.

~

I have a question for you.  When you look at the patterns of melting snow, do you see black and white blotches, or do you see the face of Jesus looking back at you?


Comments

  1. This same picture hung in our home during my childhood. I cannot remember if my parents pointed out Jesus in the picture or not BUT I always loved looking at it and still do. I believe, i proudly took it to school for show and tell day. It is treasured with great appreciation for its simple, yet complex beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just received a copy of the picture of Jesus in the snow from a friend to investigate it for her, can anyone tell me how it came into being, she beliefs it was taken from a WW 2 aircraft flying over Switzerland and the pilot took the photo and gave my friends father a copy, can anyone confirm that story and is the hard copy picture in demand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story about this picture is explained in this blog http://searchingforenlightenment.blogspot.com/2007/02/post-no-101-face-of-jesus.html

      Delete
    2. My aunt told me she took the picture on an Easter Sunday. She said it was a beautiful bush and when it was developed it looks like Jesus. It looks like an original picture

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?