Covenant

The new covenant that I will make with the people of Israel will be this: I will put my law within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.  None of them will have to teach a neighbor to know the Lord, because all will know me, from the least to the greatest. I will forgive their sins and I will no longer remember their wrongs. I, the Lord, have spoken.

Jeremiah 31:33-34


A covenant
of the heart,
not the law.
A peace
written on the fabric of life
carved into the marrow
of my soul.

My heart has become flesh,
to embrace the word
spoken
by our God.
Know me Lord
when I am lowly
or lifted high,
as my soul
longs to know you.

A covenant,
word made flesh,
stone hearts softened.
There is no battle to be waged,
only peace.
There are no swords,
only plowshares.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?