Some Days I Struggle.


Some days I struggle.
Do you?
I wish for tomorrow to push today aside.
I want the voice beckoning me to stillness,
to give way to silence.
I am an overeager bundle of thoughts
I cannot put to music or paper.

I want another moment,
forging its way
into the present.
I don't seek solace in today.
The Psalm I read this morning,
while my coffee was hot,
has lost its meaning
by mid-day.

In the routine of the day
my office fills with shallow voices
of faithless ideals.
Prayer is for a church,
or by your bedside,
but not where others
may be of witness.

Some days I struggle.
Do You?
I tried to read John, chapter 1
and found myself staring
at words of type
and not the thoughts
of our Father.

Today the sun shines
tomorrow it might rain.
I want neither weather pattern
to affect me.
I want to sit in a field
with one book,
written by one author,
hearing the voice of my creator
and listening to no other.



copyright 2018 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?