Longing


My heart longs

to walk in a field among the glories of the eternal.

I wish to hear the words spoken that I've read and heard before.

The words absorbed by the poor in spirit.

The words embraced by the merciful.


My soul longs to sit

in the company of those invited to a feast of bread and fish.

A sign for those who seek miracles.

A stirring of the heart for those who ache for God.

A joyful dance for those who have been promised life.


My heart longs

for He who is mercy to extend His holy hand

that I might take what is offered,

deserving nothing of my own accord,

given salvation only by His will.



copyright 2026 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Daily Bread (Proverbs 30:7-9)

Watch Out for Those

Deep Calls Out to Deep (Psalm 42:7)

Talents and Gifts

Lukewarm

Empty Nets

Embattled Denominations

The Dash