If He is Willing

If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.

The leper says this,
almost dares,
just as we often do.

If you are willing,
if you want to.
I've often spat those words out
with an occasional bribe on my part.

And the leper listens.
He is told to perform the rituals stated by their law.
Say nothing.

But the healer knows.
The leper will spread the flavor of this miracle
everywhere.

And still He touches the untouchable
and heals his sores.


If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.

The sinner says this
when he crawls
at the pit's bottom.

If you are willing,
if you want to.
Challenging the lamb's
strongest desire.

And we listen
to words spoken and read,
a passage of Holy Thought.

And when we are told to speak,
told to share our conversion,
are we silent?



copyright 2018 - Donald P James Jr

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?