Labyrinth




I take a single step
onto the path,
grass and weed underfoot,
stones marking the way.
I came expecting the complex
and received
simplicity.

For what shall I pray
and what canonized words
should I use?
‘Our Father in heaven,’
but this discourse
points toward my needs.
My prayers have already been heard.

I surrender
to the world around me,
untouched by the progress
of today and yesterday.
I surrender to the silence
where the Spirit’s voice
is amplified
and I am left without petition.

My final step,
reached after meditation well spent,
listening to the voice
of my creator,
He who has counted the hairs on my head,
He who has said come
and in the quiet
has given me rest.



copyright 2019 - Donald P James Jr



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?