Soon to be Released



Soon to be released.

The edits are complete. Now I need to register the work for copyright. 'Afternoons with Mister D', started as a couple short stories involving the same characters back in 2020. It morphed into a collection of stories built around these characters and others, which I finished in early 2022.

I have been considering two options for publication, reaching out to tradition publishers or just using my own imprint (ScarletRobeCreations) and printing the book through Amazon, as I have done in the past. Today, I am leaning toward the second option.

As my editor said, "I was sad the story ended, again".


In 2017 I published a book titled ‘The Sermon – Reflections on the Gospel of Matthew 5-7’.  The publication is a collection of poems and short stories.  During the writing of ‘The Sermon’ and a previous work titled ‘An Advent Journey’, published 2016, I found that I enjoyed writing short stories as an alternative to poetry.  One story in ‘The Sermon’ touched my heart as soon as I completed it, ‘Mr. Halworth’s Black-Eyed-Susans.

Fast forward a couple years, and one afternoon, I wrote a short story initially titled ‘An Afternoon with Mister D’.  In the story Charlee is a high school student who is assigned by a judge to volunteer, as community service, in a convalescent home.  She meets an old man who likes to tell stories.  This story would later be titled ‘X-Country’.

Upon finishing I began to write a second piece using the same characters.  I called in ‘Nam’.  Thus was the beginning of the book you have just completed reading.

Characters joined the storyline, some for a story or two, and some who I chose to build into primary characters.  Along the way, an old friend, Mrs. Halworth, the wife of a man who loved flowers, especially Black-Eyed-Susans, stepped into the story line.

In closing, I wanted to add the story that I feel inspired every story that makes up ‘Afternoons with Mister D’.





I will keep all my readers posted along the way.

Previously Published by Scarlet Robe Creations:
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?