You Are with Me

SHEPHERD WITH A FLOCK OF SHEEP - Charles Jacque  (1813–1894)


In that time alone

when my heart wishes for another voice,

when I seek the desolate country-side,

looking for my shepherd,

will I be close,

 or far.


Sometimes I feel the touch,

but I long for the embrace.

Is it I

who refuse to wrap my arms around

my heart's deepest desire?


In that time alone

when my heart wishes to be carried,

when I seek sand and find only stone,

my struggling faith

designing my house,

to crumble.


You are with me,

rod and staff,

even when I cling to the world.

You are with me,

leading to green pastures,

when I have cast my soul upon the pavement.



copyright 2023 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?