Stone Water Jars (John 2:1-10)


The instructions came from one
who was simply
a guest.
He told us to fill the six stone water jars
with water.
Only water
and nothing more.
 
Who is this man?
I asked one of the others.
I heard the name Jesus,
son of Mary,
a cousin of the groom.
We are going to drink water
at a feast,
another whispered.
 
In my foolishness
I laughed softly
so none would hear.
 
A moment
after the jars were filled
and brought to Mary’s son,
He told us to draw some
and bring it to the man in charge.
 
The master tasted wine,
the best wine,
from this plain water.
This son of Mary
did nothing but instruct
and the fluid obeyed.
 
Forgive my doubts
my foolishness
and my laughter
when I am instructed
to perform tasks
I see as impossible.
For you are always present,
turning my plain water
into the most palatable wine.



copyright 2016 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?