John 20:29 (Doubt)

Carl Bloch - "The Doubting Thomas"

Doubt,
filled with the essence 
of my own demise.
Others have spoken of their insights.
Am I jealous
that I was not in the room,
or have I always been skeptical?

Doubt,
it can't be cured by a sermon,
no matter if His word
is built on your foundation.
I have always questioned
what I can't see or touch.

Doubt,
my fingers probe the wounds,
the open sores
where they pierced you.
Not only are my eyes
given proof,
but my hands as well.

Doubt,
is there a deeper blessing
to faith
when we believe without seeing?
Is there more intimacy
in our innocent trust
when we can't trace His wounds,
but know they are there?




copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

If the Stone Is Willing