Be Still

Jesus stood up and commanded the wind, 
“Be quiet!” 
and he said to the waves, 
“Be still!” 
 The wind died down, and there was a great calm.

Mark 4:39
 
Rembrandt - Christ in the Storm on the Lake of Galilee

Quiet, be still,
calm the storm in my restless soul,
sooth the waves
threatening to drown me,
carry me away into the depths.

I cry out in despair
and for a moment
I am tormented by doubt.
You tell me to have faith.
You tell me You will answer my prayers
to the best of my needs.

You allow the storm to cleanse,
to take from me pride,
leaving in its wake
humility.
You will not allow the boat
to capsize,
and be taken away by the sea.

Quiet, be still,
You have not abandoned Your child.
I am cradled in the palm of Your hand,
calmed by Your touch,
by Your voice
as the waters around me
settle peacefully at Your command.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?