Sonnet of Elizabeth (Luke 1:23-25)

 When his time of service was completed, he returned home.  After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion.  “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people.”

Luke 1:23-25 (NIV)


You have taken my disgrace.
That which was barren
is now fertile as the land,
because You have willed it so.
For all my life
I have prayed,
at times wondering
if You care to even hear my supplication,
and at last
You have answered my cry.


This impatient world
beckoning us
to live our lives on its time,
not Yours.
Yet You give
when least expected,
when the prayer has become routine
and the struggle the way of life.

My disgrace is gone
with but the cry
of a child.
One who will walk Your earth
with a purpose.
One who now moves gently
within his mother's womb.



copyright 2016 - Donald P James Jr 

Comments

  1. This -- is -- amazing! So edifying! Please you will have to post this directly in XTIAN POETS community for everyone to read and be blessed. Gracious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?