Green Pastures (Psalm 23)

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 
 
Psalm 23 


I see the green pastures
and the quiet waters.
I have come through the dark valley
and fought temptation.
The rod and staff of faith
are my strength.
I now will dwell
in  a land of peace,
in the presence of God.

He has prepared a meal
for me,
an abundant table,
bread and wine.
My enemies
understand their wrongs,
for my Lord has blessed me,
taken me in
from the cold valley of shadows.

Surely His goodness
and love
embraces me.
He anoints my soul.
I will sing praise
with each new morning
as I walk
through the green pastures
of His love.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?