The Lord Said to My Lord (Psalm 110)

The Lord said unto my Lord, 
“Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool.

Psalm 110


Thus says the Father,
to the Son
who witnessed creation,
to be born
of the great king's lineage,
Sit here
at my right hand.

The human messiah,
one of flesh and bone,
expected to be man
and not God.
The divine one
asking the blind
to open their eyes and see.

Whose Son is He?
An incomplete answer
lingers on the lips of some.
Is He a prophet?
Is He a great teacher?
Or is He the messiah,
the Christ,
the Son of God?

The Lord said to my Lord.
The Spirit moves a great king,
who realizes
he is the servant
of his promised
offspring.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?