I Will Praise the Lord

I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; 
I will shew forth all thy marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

Psalm 9:1-2


We rise after the storm,
some with fewer scars
than others.
The dark clouds
give way to sun
and eventually the flower blooms.

Armies have marched against us.
We have been betrayed.
The heathen
have slandered our faith
and false judges
have condemned believers.

Still,
as the sun crests in the eastern sky,
there is victory.
The rays of light bathe our flesh
and dry the earth.
The enemy has fallen
and the unbelievers are without hope.

And I will praise the Lord,
with all my heart.
I will tell of the wonderful things
He has done.
I will sing with joy because of Him.
I will sing praise
to the almighty God.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus in the Snow

Matthew 19

Have You Not Listened?