The Lord's Servant

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights;
I have put my spirit upon him;
    he will bring forth justice to the nations.

Isaiah 42:1 
 

Here is the Lord's servant.
He walks among you
in the fullness of God's spirit.
He comes to you humbly,
a lamb of sacrifice
sent to give sight to the blind,
to free the imprisoned,
to heal sinners.

He has opened ears that were closed,
banished demons
to their depths.
He has awakened a child
from eternal sleep
and laughed with those
who felt no joy before.

He will instruct you in ways
of His Father's heart.
He seeks the lost
in places where the light
has yet to reach.
He ushers in the new covenant
with His blood.

Here is the Lord's servant,
stretching out
His arms to the world.
He has caressed your heart
with His example of love.
All you need to do
is follow the footprints
He leaves in His wake.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

If the Stone Is Willing