Temple of My Soul

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?  If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

English Standard Version (ESV) Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publisher




Temple,
cradling everything I am.
Flesh, bone and muscle,
I am made out of compassion
to be compassion.

You dwell in me
wherever I wander,
even when I take You into places defiling my spirit,
injuring You,
showing no respect
for the love You have for me.

I am more at risk
of destroying my own temple,
than of having an enemy slaughter me.
I slowly walk my spirit
into the mire of sin,
finding momentary pleasure in the sensations.

Temple,
desecrated by my acts of rebellion.
Help me Lord,
to bring what I am,
a body created by Your love,
into realms of purity.

Dwell in me Lord,
fill me with the desire
to honor the temple of my soul.
Give me the strength
to walk amid the light
and forsake the darkness.



copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?