The Palms of His Hands

Isaiah 49:15-16

Can a woman forget her nursing child, 
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, 
yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are continually before me.




Can you see His palm
outstretched,
fingers and flesh,
as He has become like us?

He cradles the essence of all we will become,
an etching 
that is to be you,
another that will be me.


He has made us
a part of Himself.
He has counted
all our days
and all our nights.

How can He forget
what is engraved
on His palm,
carved into the fibers?
His wounds
of His love
scar Him.

The names of His children
fill each nail hole
with their rebellion.
My heart and words
slander His blood.

Even when you are cast aside,
by those without compassion,
He will not forget
His children.

For behold,
He has engraved us on the palms of His hands.




copyright 2017 - Donald P James Jr

Comments

  1. Beautiful Savior! Lord of rugged love, to you be the praise--eternal praise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Matthew 19

Jesus in the Snow

Have You Not Listened?